Serves 2 to 3 as an appetizer or as a main with plain rice
6 to 8 cups water
4 to 6 slices of ginger with skin
1 tsp. cooking oil
2 lbs. spot prawns
3 Tbsp. butter
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 lb. kale, into 1/2 “lengths
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water and ginger to a boil on high.
- In a wok, melt butter on medium, add garlic. Turn heat to high.
- Add kale. Stir and cook for 1 minute, add salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or to your desired softness.
- While kale is being cooking, water in saucepan should be boiling, Add oil and prawns. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until prawns turn pinkish red.
- Transfer cooked kale to a dish.
- Using a slotted ladle, transfer prawns on top of kale.