This time of year is the beginning of the fresh fish season and perfect for a simple grilled fish burger! And I love rock fish, ling cod, halibut or fresh salmon!
We just started picking fresh Blueberries! Which make great jams, relishes, chutneys compotes or ketchups for your next Spring/Summer BBQ!
Try mixing it up and making a local and seasonal fruit recipe for you next BBQ sauce or Fav new condiment.
- 4-5 oz pcs of your fav fresh fish (Ocean wise Rock Fish Halibut, Salmon or albacore tuna are the best!)
- Grilled or BBQ’d for about 3-4 minutes per side, seasoned with sea salt & cracked black pepper
- A soft freshly baked wicked bun (the bun is just as important as the fish or the sauce in my opinion)
(butter lettuce, shaved fennel, thin cucumbers, perfect tomatoes, super thin sliced summer squash or zucchini, great quality pickles) basically whatever really good high quality ingredients your like in your burger!
BC Blueberry ‘Jam’
This can be made with any local fresh seasonal fruit, Apricots, Cherries, and Peaches Rock!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 whole limes, zested and juiced!
Cook everything together in a small pot for 15 minutes, cool and serve! This is great on fish burgers, grilled beef, chicken or pork! Also great on cheese plates! And over Vanilla Ice Cream!!!!!
Black Pepper Mayo
This Aioli or Mayo really makes the Burger!
- 2 cups mayonnaise (homemade is best)
- 6 eggs yolks, 2 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 liter canola oil, juice of 2 limes, 2 tbsp cracked black pepper,
- 1 tbsp sea salt
In a mixing bowl, wisk together the egg yolks and the mustard. Slowly add the canola while continuously whisking. You are making an emulsion, so take your time. After all the oil is added, season with sea salt, black pepper and lime juice