This soup serves 4:
- 1 lb live spot prawns
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shallots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 per cent cream
- 8 oz (225 g) green sweet peas, blanched
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg for seasoning
Place prawns in a shallow pan. Pour boiling salted water over them and allow to cool. Sweat the shallots in the butter. Deglaze with white wine. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Add the blanched peas and puree.
Remove shell and head from spot prawns. Pour soup into bowls. If you are also using proscuitto as a garnish, crisp them up in a 350 F oven on a baking sheet with parchment paper and weigh down with another baking sheet. It will take 12 to 14 minutes. Garnish with prawns and serve.